Serving on a committee is an excellent way to get involved in your Chamber and your community!
- GOVERNMENT RELATIONS COMMITTEE: Meets last Wednesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES: With direction from the Board of Directors the committee reviews and makes recommendations on City, County, State and National issues which affect the business community. Acts as an information resource for Chamber members regarding legislative issues. Presents candidate and issue related forums. Attends city council (2nd & 4th Mondays at City Hall 6:00 p.m.), planning commission meetings (1st & 3rd Wednesdays at City Hall 6:30 p.m.) and Economic Development Advisory Committee meetings.
- AMBASSADOR RELATIONS COMMITTEE: Meets the first Tuesday of the month at 11:30 a.m. at various restaurants in town. OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES: Serves as the highly visible goodwill arm of the Chamber by greeting and facilitating introductions at all Chamber events and functions. Sponsors Grand Openings/Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies, invites new businesses to join the Chamber, assists new members in becoming active members of the organization and represents the Chamber at community events.
- GOOD MORNING YUCAIPA! BREAKFAST COMMITTEE: Meets the first Monday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the chamber office. OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES: Develop workshops, expos, networking events, etc. to help promote ALL businesses and provide them opportunities to market their product/service to the public. Monthly breakfast networking is held the first Thursday of the month from 7:30-9:00 at the Yucaipa Community Center.
- EVENT/FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE: Formal meetings scheduled by the vice chair. OBJECTIVES & ACTIVITIES: Find ways to raise additional revenue for the Chamber and at the same time provide benefits to the membership. Review existing events and find ways to make them fresh and exciting.
- STATE OF THE CITY: Promote and plan the annual State of the City event in April featuring our Mayor and City Manager. Secure speakers, sponsors, venue, caterer, decorations, ROTC and singer for the National Anthem. Ensure the execution of the entire event and focus on raising revenues for the Chamber.
- INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS & COMMUNITY AWARDS BANQUET: Promote and plan the annual Installation of Officers & Community Awards Banquet in January for the purpose of installing the new board of directors and recognizing the outgoing board. Awards are given to Citizen of the Year, Firefighter of the Year, Peace Officer of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, Corporate Chamber Member of the Year and Chamber Small Business of the Year. Secure sponsors, venue, caterer, invitations, MC, decorations, awards, silent auction item donations, etc. and ensuring the execution of the entire event while focusing on revenues for the Chamber.
- FARMERS MARKET: Help plan the Yucaipa Certified Farmers Market held every Friday from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. May through September. Secure farmers, vendors & entertainment ensuring the execution of the entire event while focusing on revenues for the Chamber.
- AUTUMN FEST: Help plan the end of the Farmers Market season by planning the AutumnFest in conjunction with the City of Yucaipa. Serve on the community committee by attending regular meetings, develop vendor application and secure vendors for the last weekend in September.
- WINTER FEST: Help plan the Small Business Saturday Holiday Boutique in conjunction with the WinterFest event with the City of Yucaipa. Serve on the community committee by attending regular meetings, develop vendor application and secure vendors for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.